October Fabric Haul from Maud's Fabric Finds' Clearance



When Maud's Fabric Finds' announced on Instagram that they had added a load of fabric to the clearance (with up to 50% off!!) last week, I just couldn't resist! Here's what I got and what I'm planning to make...

First up is this striped organic cotton double-knit jersey. I'm planning another breton top from the Great British Sewing Bee book, but this time with long sleeves. I've made a short-sleeved version before and it was such a quick make.


Second is this Sevenberry grey Panda cotton. It's quite thick (like quilting weight) so I'm thinking that it would make a great Sew Over It Tulip Skirt as it will hold the sculptural structure well.


Third and fourth come from Blend Fabric's Rainforest Slumber by Katy Tanis collection. I couldn't resist the Lazing Sloths in pink and have coveted the Canopy Leaves (pink) for a while now. I'm thinking about another Pauline Alice Cami Dress for the sloths. It will be my third Cami, but I've signed up for One Week One Pattern (#OWOP17) hosted by Sheona at Sewisfaction, and was thinking this could be my pattern, so I need to make some more versions in time for November. (For details and how to sign up, follow the link).


For the leaves, I'm thinking about making a shirt. I'm not sure whether to do an oversized one or try something new, maybe the Kalle shirt from Closet Case Patterns.



Finally, I bought this super-cute ice lolly fabric (Pops from Free Spirit's Sugar Collection by Erin McMorris). Again, I'm definitely thinking a shirt. If my Ralph Pink Sahara shirt works out then maybe I'll make another from the Pops.

So those are my plans for these amazing fabrics. The jersey is already washed and waiting to be cut. I love a breton top!

D.





Comments

Popular Posts